Arizona State Athletics Teams with Altius Sports to Develop Comprehensive NIL Program
(August 16, 2022) – Altius Sports Partners, the name, image and likeness launch platform and external innovation department for elite athletics departments, has announced a new partnership with Arizona State University to develop the school’s NIL program. Altius’ platform will provide guidance on policy and initiatives as well as customized educational support to benefit all Sun Devil stakeholders.
The new partnership is designed to position Arizona State as a leading voice in the NIL environment. The Altius Sports team will provide coaches and staff with educational workshops and resources targeting areas such as group licensing, external stakeholders and recruiting. Altius Sports will also assist in identifying and advising on strategies to support all NIL activities and help a diverse Sun Devil athlete community.
An official partner of schools in all Power 5 conferences and the Big East, Altius Sports specializes in developing and managing innovative NIL programs. Through its expertise and range of services and intellectual resources, experts provide direct and real-time actionable information for partner schools including recruiting resources and analysis of developments across the national landscape. This comprehensive approach is designed to fuel strategic vision, planning and collaboration ensuring that all participants navigate change and succeed in the collegiate environment.
“We are thrilled to be part of Arizona State’s legacy of championships, Olympians, Hall of Famers and its superior academic performance,” said Andrew Donovan, Altius Executive Vice President of Collegiate Partnerships. “Our partnership will build on that excellence and infuse cohesion and innovation into the Sun Devils’ approach to NIL and future opportunities for each and every Sun Devil.”
ASU boasts 160 national championship titles dating back to the 1959 Women’s Golf title, including 24 NCAA trophies. ASU’s 26 varsity sports collected 65 Pac-10/12 Conference Championships while the nearly 200 Sun Devil Olympians have represented 42 countries and competed or coached close to 270 times. Twenty current and former Sun Devils competed or coached in the 2020 Winter Games in Tokyo. ASU is the home to 36 Sun Devils who have earned top-of-the-sport hall of fame status: five NFL, 13 College Football, 11 National College Baseball, two National Wrestling, two International Swimming, one Major League Baseball, one World Golf, one Golf Coaches of America. In Spring of 2022, ASU recorded a multiyear Academic Progress Rate (APR) average of 995 over a four-year period (2017-18 to 2020-21), which is an all-time ASU high and first in the Pac-12, the first time ever leading the conference.
Backed by operational leadership and a best-in-class client services team, the cross-disciplinary network of partners and advisory team members at Altius includes:
- Oliver Luck (Chairman, Altius Sports), sports business leader and former Commissioner of the XFL, EVP for Regulatory Affairs and Strategic Partnerships for the NCAA, and Athletic Director at West Virginia.
- John Entz, 14-time Emmy winner and former President of Production at Fox Sports, SVP at MLB Network and producer at ESPN.
- Gabe Feldman, Director of the Tulane Sports Law Program, Associate Provost for NCAA Compliance and Co-Director of Tulane Center for Sport.
- Renie Anderson, CRO and EVP, Partnerships at the NFL.
- David Carter, Principal of the Sports Business Group, and a professor of sports business at USC’s Marshall School of Business.
- Jené Elzie, former Pac-12 athlete and current Chief Growth Officer for Athletes First Partners, sister company of Athletes First, the nation’s largest NFL talent agency.
- Michael O’Hara Lynch, former global head of sponsorship marketing at Visa, Inc. and global head of consulting at Nielson Sports, currently partner in 3 Emerald Marketing.
- Jessica Mendoza, former Pac-12 athlete and Olympic gold medalist is an ESPN broadcaster.
- Kenneth Shropshire, former CEO of the Global Sport Institute, and professor at ASU.
- Malcolm Turner, sports business executive and former Vice Chancellor and Athletics Director at Vanderbilt and President of the NBA G League.
About Altius Sports Partners
Altius is a leading NIL launch platform and external innovation department that delivers consulting, strategic planning, compliance support and education to its clients. An official partner of premier collegiate athletic departments and sports properties, Altius provides strategic solutions on topics ranging from NIL to the shifting landscape of employment and media rights within college athletics. Altius currently represents athletics departments at Arizona, Arizona State, Auburn, Cincinnati, Clemson, Duke, Georgia, Georgetown, Indiana, Kansas, LSU, Marquette, Miami, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Northwestern, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Penn State, Purdue, South Carolina, USC, Tennessee, Texas, Villanova, Virginia, and Wisconsin. Altius has also partnered with Women Leaders in College Sports. Providing all stakeholders – athletics departments, coaches, and college athletes – with resources they need to thrive in the new age of college athletics, Altius leverages its deep reservoir of sports business sophistication to help those impacted to prepare and excel. It has built a team of cross-disciplinary leaders to reach higher levels of education, higher access to opportunities and higher standards of excellence.